The tourism industry as a whole survives because of various tourism products and services. Tourism industry is flexible. The products of tourism cannot be easily standardized as they are created for the customers of varied interests and demands. That’s making the marketing strategy of companies very difficult but the tourism products very strong. As the tourism products are mainly the tourists’ experience, they can be stored only in the tourists’ memories. Yet , souvenir products can keep some parts of the memories in them!
Shaping the value offerings for tourism we need to consider -apart from the marketing strategy- the 5 A’s of tourism:
- Attraction: It includes all those factors which attract a tourist. It could be a place, nature, lakes, beach, monuments etc.
- Accessibility: It is how to access or reach to that place of attraction. Ways to reach.
- Accomodation: Place to stay or accomodate while travelling for rest or overnight stays.
- Amenities: All the other services which we require while travelling for good and comfortable living while travel such as food, drinking water, sanitary, etc.
- Activities: It includes activities which a place or attraction holds such as nature walks, history & architecture, boating, views, health, etc.
All the above are major components that are taken into account in setting the branding strategy for the services and products of tourism.